Violet infused iced drink - a summer delight
We enjoyed quite a few summer days in the Netherlands the last few weeks. Days were brilliant for loose clothes, lots of iced drinks, and outdoor dinners. The only time we ate indoors was when it got too hot for the purpose. While it is enticing to grab a bottle of packaged iced tea from the supermarket, it is equally exciting to be able to work out a recipe here and there and enjoy at home. I set out to prepare a green iced tea at home, but these lovely dry violets caught my attention. We got a ton of amazing dry herbs and flowers from Greece earlier this year, and I didn't have the chance to open this bag of petals up until a few days ago when I decided to use them to create a violet infused drink. The recipe by itself is simple, and takes about 5 minutes, but the flavors are so divine! Cheers!
Serves - 2
Time to cook - 5 minutes
- 3 tbsp dry violet flowers
- 250ml hot water
- Ice cubes to fill into 2 thick serving glasses
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Infuse the dry violets into some hot water and let it sit aside for 3-4 minutes
- Add honey and stir gently. Filter the flowers out and pour evenly between the two serving glasses with ice.
- Garnish with lovely fresh pansies