Grilled veggie bowl with yoghurt tahini dressing
Train cancellations this morning gave me the opportunity to work from home today. In a way I was glad because there was time to be saved which gave me the chance to focus on some deliverables for this week. After the work I ventured out for some fresh air and walked around the Tuesday market at Blaak and witnessed the market vendors pack their produce and call it a day. Luckily I managed to get a batch of Okra for later this week, which is somehow sold only on Tuesdays.
To celebrate the summer solstice days, I grilled some veggies today! Since we are not allowed to barbeque in the balcony of our apartment due to safety regulations, we chose to spend a bit to acquire a heavy bottomed cast iron griddle pan for some indoor grilling. Of course nothing can substitute the smokey charcoal flavoured meats and veggies, but I have never been disappointed by my humble griddle. I chose to prepare a yoghurt based dressing to accompany the grilled veggie bowl, and this dressing is going to be my favorite for a while! I luckily made a big batch so we will get to enjoy it later this week again :) We savored some fresh feta from the market downstairs as a side, and a drizzle of olive oil was all that it needed. Bliss!
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
Time to cook: 15 minutes
- 300 gm spinach
- 2 sweet potatoes
- A handful of brussel sprouts
- Half lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 5 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 7-8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- A mint stem
- 5-6 capers
- Salt to taste
- Pour the yoghurt, lemon, tahini, olive oil, honey, chopped mint leaves and salt into a glass jar and thoroughly combine to form the dressing mix
- Chop the sweet potatoes, and halve the brussel sprout. Season with olive oil, himalayan salt, and pepper.
- Grill the sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts and let them cool down.
- Combine the veggies with spinach and capers in a salad bowl and pour the dressing on top.
- Bon apetit!