Quick cinnamon granola - for lazy weekend mornings
Making granola is one of those things that transforms your home into a bakery almost instantaneously. The smell of oats roasting with the aroma of cinnamon takes one back to memories of winter. I usually buy granola from the store, but when possible, make a batch for the weekend. Nothing like freshly toasted oats! We usually have our granola with Greek yoghurt, maple syrup (oh yes!!), fresh berries, and nuts - lots of them! A warm cup of tea by the side, hope for prolonged sunshine, and watching the Saturday market proceed outside in the Blaak square is what makes a Saturday morning delightful.
Makes: 4 portions
Time to cook: 20 minutes
- 2 cups Quick oats
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts of your choice (I used pistachio, almonds, and walnuts)
- 1/4 cup seeds of choice (I used sunflower seeds)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (356 degrees F)
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and evenly spread them on a baking pan
- Bake for about 15 minutes (or just as the oats turn golden brown)
- Cool and serve with yoghurt/milk and fruits of your choice!