Fish baked in yogurt marinade - a non-fussy weekday fix
This weekend was amazing in terms of everything related to weather, and as it goes with good weather days, despite the weekend I just wanted to cook something quick and easy. This fish recipe is inspired by Shelina Permalloo's video on FoodTube, but used my goto spices instead of the ones she used. Also, we had these amazing fellows with a bed of couscous. Super delish! This will go down into my book of easy weekday fixes and for sure fish won't need to be a boring weekday, or just a weekend delight. I hope you enjoy the ease of this recipe!
Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 35 minutes
- 2 whole medium sized fish of your choice, cleaned and descaled
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika powder/chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander to garnish
- Slices of chilli to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients (2-10) in a bowl.
- Make a few slits on each side of the fish and marinate the fish for 5-10 minutes in the mix. Up to 30 minutes, if possible.
- Grill on medium for 30 minutes, and follow up by grilling on high for 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and chillies, and serve on a bed of couscous, or rice.